Career planning for product managers is a bit tricky. On the one hand, there are many opportunities. On the other hand, there is so much confusion about job titles, role descriptions, career paths, etc.
- Understanding the personal situation better. In other words, the focus will be on finding out more about my strengths and weaknesses. We will also look into opportunities and challenges for product leaders.
- Being able to improve own “due diligence” in an interview situation. In other words, we will learn how to find out if a role in scope is meeting our expectations. Finally, challenging if the hiring company is a product company, etc.
- Looking a couple of years ahead: Where do I want to be in 3-5 years?
About the trainer
The trainer is the SPLSG initiator and founding partner Jörg Malang.
Jörg has gone through the product management “trenches” himself. Here come his major relevant roles:
- 2007 Business Analyst kimeta
- 2008 Product Owner Nokia
- 2009 Head of Product Management Nokia
- 2011 Director Product Nokia
- 2011 VP Product XING (incl. Head of Product Innovation Lab)
- 2012 Chief Product Officer XING
- 2013 (External) Head of Product Mobility Hub TUI Travel
- 2014 Chief Product Officer & Managing Director HOTEL DE
- 2016 Chief Product Officer Betsson
In addition to that, Jörg was the line manager of larger product organizations:
- Nokia: some 30 employees (incl. 3-5 product employees)
- XING: some 20-30 employees (incl. 15-20 Product Owners of different seniority/hierarchy levels)
- HOTEL DE: up to 200 employees (incl. 5-10 Product Owners of different seniority/hierarchy levels)
- Betsson: some 100 employees (incl. 40-50 Product Managers of different seniority/hierarchy levels)
This is why Jörg can give all attendees of this training valuable insight for their own career. Training packages are currently offered in Barcelona, Berlin, London, Munich,
In conclusion, career planning for product managers matters also to you! Please send us an Email if you wish to know more.